Coffee Facts: 10 Facts To Understand the Beverage
Coffee Facts: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Coffee: Here are ten fun facts about coffee that you can use to start a conversation the next time someone catches your eye at your favourite coffee shop:
1) One of the most popular aphrodisiacs is coffee. Coffee has a lot of caffeine and other alkaloids, which have been shown to boost stamina and make sexual encounters last longer.
2) It wasn’t until the 1500s that coffee made its way to the Western world after thousands of years of Arabic tradition. Coffee was once considered the devil’s nectar by Catholic priests. The final straw for this school of thought came when Pope Clement VIII sipped his coffee and gave it his blessing.
3) The 1st of October is Japan’s official coffee day.
A single coffee acre can yield nearly 10,000 pounds of coffee cherries. Even after milling or hulling, nearly 2,000 pounds of coffee beans are still left.
5) There are no coffee farms in 49 of the 50 states. Hawaii is the only place where coffee is grown. In addition, Puerto Rico is the only US territory that grows coffee.
6) After the United States, Germany is the world’s second-largest consumer of coffee. Only 27% of Americans (the world’s most significant coffee drinkers) use any sweetener in their coffee, compared to 43.3% of Germans.
Coffee is derived from the Latin word “coffee,” from which the English word “coffee” comes. The genus of trees known as Coffea is known in Latin as Coffea.
8) The equator runs through all 53 countries where coffee is grown, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn.
9) On average, about 45 hours a year are wasted by people who buy their coffee from drive-thru windows before going to work.
10) Only petroleum is traded in more significant quantities than coffee. Six million metric tonnes of coffee are produced each year worldwide.
ALSO READ: Setting Goals For Sure Success